The last episode of IBF On-Demand, sponsored by Arkieva, is available to watch now.
Our goal as forecasters is not to be precise, but to provide insight. Here I get on my soapbox and I share why saying “forecasts are always wrong” leads to a negative mindset and limiting behaviors, and why we need to move from a single point forecast to range forecasts. It’s time to get comfortable with uncertainty, ladies and gentlemen, because there is great insight hiding in uncertainty and variability that can drive better business decisions.
Watch previous episodes:
- Episode 9: Data Scientists Suck at Demand Planning
- Episode 8: Developing Your Demand Planning Career
- Episode 7: Building Bridges with Supply Planning
- Episode 6: The Magic of Forecast Value Added
- Episode 5: Is S&OP Dead?
- Episode 4: Predictive Analytics Implementation
- Episode 3: Segmentation & Clustering
- Episode 2: Forecasting Amid Coronavirus
- Episode 1: Will AI Take Our Jobs?